Monday, June 20, 2011

Closed My Eyes to See - a poem

At sunrise
closed my eyes to see
the world of sound
Cardinal calls out "Ether Ether"
blue water appears
ripples
expands
swirls
becomes a tree of many branches
ancient bark patterns moving
"Ether Ether"
again, the rippling waters
this time condensing into a face
I see eyes staring back at me
ancient face
eyes full of wisdom
"Ether Ether"
blue waters
a single eye approaches
engulfs
surrounds
darkness
I open my eyes


At the setting of the sun
I reach out
touch the leaves
smell earthy scents
hear quiet voices
plants speak quickly
words flashing by
so many expressions
noise buzzing
like children
crying out to be heard
speaking faster and faster
louder and louder
I get dizzy


At night
open eyes to hear
stars speak
whispers
secrets spoken slowly
long drawn out syllables
humming
sacred sound
"ohm"
universe sings
when I look at the stars







Art - Hand representing connection to the world #2


© 2011 Desert Dreamer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not at all clear on your message, but I do like this - especially the ending.